As sales recruiters, we know persuasive words are an important sales tool. As you’ve heard before, it’s important to choose your words wisely, especially during a sales call or client…
As sales recruiters, we know persuasive words are an important sales tool. As you’ve heard before, it’s important to choose your words wisely, especially during a sales call or client meeting. The words you use can have a big impact on the outcome of any interaction.
“Different words trigger predictable behaviors in people. Some encourage listeners to open up and let down their guard. Others create resistance and cause audiences to become defensive. Every word you choose can trigger a feeling or emotion; it is your job to carefully select your words to maximize the impact of your message,” says Danny Wong in Huffington Post.
Here are some of the best persuasive words and phrases form sales recruiters that will help you build rapport with customers:
1. Free: Everyone loves free stuff. People perk up and pay attention when they hear they can get something for free, even if it’s something small. Use a free trial or free sample as a way to create a connection with potential customers.
2. I don’t know: While it may seem odd to admit that you don’t know something, it shows your customers that you are not a know-it-all. Rather than answering a question and not actually knowing the answer, experienced salespeople research the answers and follow up with their customers. It gives you another reason to call and shows that you are willing to work to help them solve an issue or overcome a problem.
3. Exclusive: There is something elegant about this word. People always want to be part of an exclusive group or have access to an exclusive product.
4. We: This helps to convey to your customer that you are on the same side. You are working together to find a solution. It helps to build a team atmosphere, and it builds trust.
5. Save: People love to save money. Always explain to them how a solution will help them save money or provide them with ways to save money.
6. Fix: One of the main reasons why a customer is talking with you in the first place is because they need to fix something. They need a solution to a problem. Using the word “fix” conveys that you can help them find the solution they need to move their business forward.
7. Limited: This word encourages your prospects to take action now. A limited number of spots, a limited number of products, or a limited time offer creates a sense of urgency.
If you don’t already, try using some of these persuasive words in your next conversation with your customers and see how they react.
SalesForce Search is a sales recruiting company which specializes in the recruitment and placement of sales professionals. We recruit sales people in every sector of the economy including, software, manufacturing, financial services and medical devices. Find the right sales person for your organization, start your search here.
Claire has 4+ years of experience in sales and recruitment. As a Director of Client Services, her main objective is to connect great people to great companies by building strong relationships with both top clients and candidates in the sales industry. She specializes in sales roles of all seniority levels for both enterprise and start-up clients North American wide. When Claire isn't networking with top talent, she enjoys being outdoors, traveling and spending time with friends & family.