It happens to all of us. We clear our emails at the beginning of the day to rid ourselves of spam, subscription offers, store promotions and the chain emails that make the rounds on a daily basis. It seems that you no sooner clear out the junk when just a short time later, your inbox is full again with the same kind of nonsense. The question is what can you do to be seen above all the junk. You need to find some email sales tips that will get your customers or prospects to open your email.
Email is an easy and efficient way for sales people to get to their potential customers. You need to work on these email sales tips to make your customer want to open your email. There are several email sales tips that will help you to produce emails that your clients and potential customers will read.
- Define your objective. What is the purpose of your email? This is one of the most important email sales tips. You need to know exactly what you want your email to do before you sit down to write it. No one is going to read a long email. Your email needs to get right to the point. It has to be upfront and purposeful.
- Another of the important email sales tips: keep it short. Use bullet points, short sentences and larger type face. Studies show that the average amount of time a person will spend reading an email is about 15 to 20 seconds. That is not a lot of time. This is especially true if you want the reader to respond in some way, whether through a hyper link or a direct response. Email sales tips suggest that you keep it concise and succinct. Anything longer than a few sentences will not be read. Once you have established a relationship with a client, you can increase the length of your emails. Until then, keep it short and simple.
- Watching your tone is another one of the more necessary email sales tips. You don’t want to sound like a robot and you don’t want to sound too boring or formal. Keep the tone casual and the wording simple. Email sales tips suggest that you write at about an 8th grade level. Easily read and easy to understand. The more formal your writing, the less likely the email will be read.
- Another essential of email sales tips is to pay attention to the subject line. You want to be creative but not cutesy. Many sales people focus the subject line more on the product. The focus of the subject line should be something that piques the interest of the recipient. Rather than writing about the product, you need something crisp, pithy and to the point that will get the recipient to open your email.
- Offering incentives is another one of the better email sales tips. Give the reader a reason to open the email and a reason to respond to the email. Figure out what you want the reader to do and offer them an incentive to do it. Perhaps you can offer a discount coupon or an entry into a contest if the reader responds. Look at ways to entice the customer to continue reading. Incentives can get the customer to take the next step by responding to your email.
There are many email sales tips that can help you to reach new customers, and stay in contact with current clients. Make sure you know what you want from the email, keep it simple and make it enticing. Email is an easy and effective way for you to increase sales and customer interaction.